1. The Company will offer a Refund to every Affected Consumer whose booking was due to commence during the Lockdown Period.
2. “Refund” means a cash payment of the total sum paid (including any booking fee) in respect of the booking less any amount already refunded. It does not include a voucher or credit note.
3. The offer of a Refund will be made to any Affected Consumer who has not previously been offered a refund. This includes anyone who has accepted a credit note or who has rearranged their booking to a different date.
4. The Lockdown Period commenced on 23rd March 2020 and ends when the legislation restricting the use of holiday accommodation ceases to have effect. (Note: the end dates for the Lockdown Period may vary depending upon where the holiday accommodation is located and the relevant legislation for that region of the UK).
5. In general, the offer of a Refund must be made within 30 days of the date that the booking was due to commence, but for bookings due to start between 23rd March 2020 and 7th May 2020 the offer of a Refund must be made before 30th June 2020.
6. Offers of a Refund must be made by e-mail (or by letter if the e-mail address is not known).
7. Once the offer of a Refund has been accepted by the Affected Consumer the Company has 30 working days to make the payment using the same method(s) of payment used to pay for the booking.
This will undoubtedly have a bearing on all guests requesting a refund for a booking that owners have not been able to accommodate.