Log in

Licensing and Planning – Will You Need Planning Permission?

Part of the licensing order for Short-Term Let Licensing includes provision for local authorities to ask for evidence of planning permission. Different local authorities are taking a different approach to this.

Will planning stop me getting a licence? It may do and not only if you are in a planning control area. Councils can exercise their right to preliminary refusal if there is no planning in place or applied for. Applicants will have three months to exhibit proof of planning consent or certificate of lawfulness (COL), or that they have applied for planning or a COL.

Perth & Kinross have published a checklist to identify if you need planning permission.

Other local authorities are taking a more pragmatic approach and only requiring evidence of planning in Planning Control Areas.

We will know more once applications go live in the coming weeks.

Get the latest from the sector

Stay up to date with our self-catering newsletter

Contact us


07379 257749

Follow us

Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy